Question Display no signal after upgrading to a Ryzen 9 3900x

Apr 28, 2020
PC Specs
Ryzen 9 3900x
MSI B350 Gaming Plus
MSI GeForce RTX 2060 6GB GDDR6
16GB RAM Corsair Vengeance
Kingston 240GB SSD (gonna upgrade soon)
Corsair CX430 Power Supply (maybe need to upgrade my power supply?)

Hey, I upgraded from a Ryzen 5 1600 to a Ryzen 9 3900x. After upgrading I was getting no display signal. I tried reinstalling gpu, reset cmos, checked cables, tried with one ram stick in each slot, tried display port/hdmis, tried hdmi from Mobo to monitor and tried DVI from mobo to monitor and was still getting nothing. I then realized I probably needed to upgrade my BIOS. So I installed my old cpu, upgraded bios then switched cpus and still no display signal. I don’t hear any beeps and I am lost as to what to do.

Apr 28, 2020
I’m using the stock Ryzen cooler that came with the 3900x. And when I turn on my PC everything is running. Like my fans and RGB is going just no display signal. I feel like it might be my PSU but I don’t want to upgrade anything if I don’t have to. I appreciate any help. Thanks.

Apr 28, 2020
Got this 650w power supply today. Installed and re-wired everything. Turn computer on and for some reason the 4 fans that are pre-installed on the case aren’t working. Everything else is working but the Fans and their LEDs. They were working a few hours ago before I installed the new PSU. I messed with the front panel connectors, made sure everything was plugged in and still nothing from the fans. After messing with that for a minute I gave up and decided to install the 3900x. Turn it on and I’m still having the same issue. No display on my monitor. If anyone could help I appreciate it. Thank you!

Reading your first post, it says you were hooking up to the mobo? Still no signal when hooked up properly to the gpu? As the 3900 has no igpu, so hooking up to the monitor won't help.

When you hooked up the new psu, you did make sure to hook up power to the gpu?

Display works with the old cpu? Are you sure you got the correct/latest bios?

Apr 28, 2020
Reading your first post, it says you were hooking up to the mobo? Still no signal when hooked up properly to the gpu? As the 3900 has no igpu, so hooking up to the monitor won't help.

When you hooked up the new psu, you did make sure to hook up power to the gpu?

Display works with the old cpu? Are you sure you got the correct/latest bios?
I have it hooked up to the GPU, but I tried hooking it up to the mobo and it didn’t work. There is power going to the GPU.

TRENDING THREADS