display of tv : not support.

Maxime_2

Reputable
Feb 4, 2016
so i was on my computer tryin to get my display ONLY on my TV (plugged on HDMI cable) and i switched a resolution on my tv and it automatically said : not support(thats what its written on my tv). So when i want to change it back, i cant because i chose to only show my display on my tv screen and not on my PC screen. So, am i screwed or is it a solution ? Thanks !!

Solution
Boot into safe mode and change the display resolution there

Or

Use On board graphics for the time being from the BIOS and change the resolution and connect back
So - how bout some system specs? Is this a laptop you have hooked up to a TV? If it is, you can just disconnect the TV and it will display on the laptop's screen. Or, if its a desktop system - do you have another monitor to use temporarily; to get to the display settings?

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Bit more info would be nice and also try Windows Start key & P. Its a display toggle short cut, theres a few selections, the first tap of the P while holding Start will select Computer display only, second press of P is Duplicate and 3rd time is Extend and last Projector.