Question Display output turns off when opening .mkv files

Jan 8, 2020
Hello, this is a weird one.
So about 3 weeks ago I fully upgraded my Desktop PC. Everything except HDDs and SSDs.

Here are the components:
B450-F ROG STRIX
RX 5700 xt
Ryzen 7 3700x
Corsair Vengeance 2x8gb ddr4-3000

I had quite a few driver issues when putting it all together, and I kept getting video_tdr_failure. It took some time but I found a solution which was changing the pciex port to be gen 3 instead of 4.
Anyways, I got it working and all drivers up to date.

Now a bit later I had this problem where both my monitors just turn off and I have to manually turn off the pc.
It seems that its not the connection failing, but the display output disappearing, as I can't do anything with my keyboard and mouse through shortcuts.
It then later happened a few more times. I noticed this was happening when I open a .mkv file on my older hdd.
I don't think it is because of the HDD, as I plenty of other files on there including games which I can open just fine without causing any issues. Mentioned it just in case though.

I tried restarting gpu drivers when screen was off (ctrl+shift+win+b), but nothing happened, just as my other shortcuts nothing was happening, suggesting me keyboard didn't do anything, though it was clearly on.

I have no idea if this is being caused by my GPU driver, the windows films and movies app or something else entirely

Whenever this happens I get a kernel power error 41 in event viewer:
The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

Could this be caused by a too small power supply? I do only have 550W.
I was suspecting it might have to do with the HDD going to sleep and the boot followed by a big file being opened could consume some more power than usual and crash the computer.
The display output turning off seems like a weird result if that was the case though.
Also as mentioned previously, this doesnt happen when I open games or other files on the same HDD. So I kind of doubt that is the case.

Since I am already here, I also seem to be getting a DistributedCOM error 10016:
The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
I get it quite a lot looking at event viewer. Is there a good way to figure out what is causing this?