Muaz19

Commendable
Feb 2, 2021
Hi, I've been using LG 27GL650F-B monitor for the past 2.5 years. By far it has not disappointed me in any aspects but for the past 2-3 months it has a distinguished green line on the left side of the monitor. The line is very small (collection of 5-6 pixels) and is only seen over a black screen. I thought it was not that much of a major issue and ignored but later got concerned. So I took the monitor for warranty claim to the shop I bought it from, and as usual they started testing. after an extensive period of time (around 30-45 minutes) the screen was all ok, it's like the problem didn't even existed. I was very confused cause I have had that for the past 3-4 months and now this thing is not even showing. The assured me that this might be a problem with my DP cable that I have been using to operate the monitor as they used HDMI and no pixel problems were noticed. Now I want to know if that really is the case in this matter cause as I'm writing this I can still clearly see the pixels deformation on the monitor, yet it didn't showed at the repair shop. Should I get new DP cable? Does it effect the pixels? why didn't it showed while on HDMI cable?

Yes, it could be the cable, but it could also be the DP on the graphics card. Or just the graphics card if they used a different graphics card while testing. I would check both ends of your displayport cable and make sure there are no bent or deformed pins. You can always try borrowing a different DP or HDMI cable from somebody just to test it with before spending the time and money on purchasing one, if that's an option. Otherwise, you may just have to buy one and then either keep it as an extra or return it if it in fact does not clear up the problem.

Reactions: Muaz19