Display port issue

flexy21

Prominent
Nov 5, 2018
Hey All,

i have a AOC G2778VQ 27'' LED & a Asus Rog 1060 GTX -

so i used a HDMI all this time but i wanted to connect my console too so i switched the pc to

Display Port (the display port cable came with the screen) and the console to HDMI.

Now Everytime Windows goes to "Sleep" when I wake it up sceen says "No Signal" now thats

the first problem.

The second situation is me leaving my pc for around 20 mins and only the MONITOR go on Sleep

Mode (PC stays on), now when i wake the screen it shows a broken image/ blurry one i dont know

how to explain it, but i guess you guys can get the point.

now one fix to both is to restart the pc, but to do that everytime i go for caple mins start to be

annoying so anyone can help? Thanks.

carltonje

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2006
you also need to make sure that one of the 2 inputs either console or pc is always off to prevent conflict as to which input it sees having both will only lead to conflicts inside monitor as to which input to pickup display from.

flexy21

Prominent
Nov 5, 2018

how can i do that? if u mean to just turn off my console it is turned off

Colif

Win 11 Master
do you get the no signal thing if just PC is plugged in?

You could just set monitor to never sleep in power options, its what I have done.

I cannot tell how old their drivers are for monitor, web site mentions drivers from XP all way to Win 8. Win 10 may not need them or have any. If you were to use any, I would get them from here - https://eu.aoc.com/en/gaming/products/g2778vq/support

Only times I see no signal on my monitor is if I try to use HDMI and monitor goes nope, I need Display Port to run 4k 60hz, so i wouldn't be surprised to find out its trying to use HDMI, and unless console on at time, it would not find one.

flexy21

Prominent
Nov 5, 2018

so there is a HDMI connected to the screen but it leads to nothing i set the screen to look only for DP (it was on auto detecting) and it didnt help so basiclly u say to turn off the Power save mode is the best option?

Colif

Win 11 Master

what are the specs of PC apart from the Monitor & 1060?

Only other time I have seen the "No signal": thing was when my GPU wasn't getting enough power to run screen at max. The problem there was one of the 2 6 pin power cables wasn't firmly into the slot on GPU meaning power wasn't consistent enough to run my monitor

flexy21

Prominent
Nov 5, 2018

Motherboard: Asus Strix B250F
PW ; SeaSonic 500W Active PFC80 + 12MM Fan PSU SS-500ET
Proccessor : Intel Core i5 7600 3.5Ghz 6MB Cache s1151 - Tray

thats the rest basiclly

Colif

Win 11 Master
Its redundant saying Seasonic make good PSU, I have one myself.

Did you check the extra power cables on GPU? even with a good PSU I still got that warning since cables on my GTX 980 weren't tonally secured. My Asus Strix GTX 980 has led lights on the power connectors that show if its getting right amount of power so perhaps see if they are steady when waking PC up. Otherwise its something to do with the power available to gpu when coming out of sleep mode.

if its red, its a bad connection - https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/4u2132/weird_led_constantly_on_on_my_strix_1070/