Display Port No signal, However Dvi works.

nchu1688

Reputable
May 7, 2015
I recently finished building my computer, and for a couple weeks now it has been fine. However, today I go out for 2 hours, and when I go to turn on my computer, it keeps saying. "Display Port No Signal" Then it gives me the black screen of death. I have Windows 10, and the Asus vg248qe Monitor. I then tried my spare dvi port, and that worked fine, so I know that it's the cable, but I still really prefer my display port cable. Any suggestions?

Solution
I've had troubles with DP cables with bad run'ins with non certified Vesa cables, not sure if related to you. Those cables i tried just simply didn't have the bandwidth to do 1440p @ 144Hz but were fine in 1080p/1440p @ 60Hz and nothing more.

See if dropping the Hz if you're set high, see if it makes a diff. If it shows something, its possible one of the wires came off inside the shielding soldered to the DP plug. Only explanation i can come up with if this is the case if the cable was working.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
I've had troubles with DP cables with bad run'ins with non certified Vesa cables, not sure if related to you. Those cables i tried just simply didn't have the bandwidth to do 1440p @ 144Hz but were fine in 1080p/1440p @ 60Hz and nothing more.

See if dropping the Hz if you're set high, see if it makes a diff. If it shows something, its possible one of the wires came off inside the shielding soldered to the DP plug. Only explanation i can come up with if this is the case if the cable was working.

Solution

nchu1688

Reputable
May 7, 2015

It was running perfectly fine for the past weeks at 1080p and 144hz, until recently it doesnt work. I also don't have another display port....

nchu1688

Reputable
May 7, 2015

However, I can't get in, it keeps saying no signal. for the dp (never mind i get what u mean

boju

Titan
Ambassador
I would rather it be the cable for your sake than anything else, it will be a pain in the @$$ to find out if its the GPU or monitor.

If had a another PC, could kinda rule out your PC the cause and move on to the monitor itself or the cable.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Oh you are sorry just re-read, probably just a finicky thing a Displayport does, maybe a bug (powering off display after a certain time/not waking up properly would be my guess, keep an eye on it, might do it again. If it does, look in power plans and maybe not turn off the display.