[SOLVED] display port not working but hdmi is

mcr1324

Honorable
Aug 15, 2017
So my display port stopped working out of the blue, but hdmi is still working which is odd..I just assumed it was my display port cord and bought a new one, but it still is not working with the new one..is this an issue with my monitor then..? I had the cord go bad before and bought a new one and it worked, but this is odd, seems like it's maybe the monitor..any other reasons why this may happen..? sorry if this is kind of a silly question..is the socket for the display port just not working now on my monitor, that's what it seems like..I'm pretty sure it's not the video card because I have three other display port plugins to use..thx for any help..

Solution
Hi mcr1324.

It could be that specific display port on the GPU that is dead and like you said it could be on the monitor side too.

Unless you test another monitor or another gpu you can't really know.

mcr1324

Honorable
Aug 15, 2017
Hi mcr1324.

It could be that specific display port on the GPU that is dead and like you said it could be on the monitor side too.

Unless you test another monitor or another gpu you can't really know.

ty for the reply..I have a feeling it might be the monitor because there is different slots for the display port on the gpu..I tried all the slots and it didn't work so does that narrow it down to the monitor lol..? if there was one display port slot I guess I wouldn't know right, but there is three different slots..it's so weird how it works perfectly for years and then suddenly it just doesn't work anymore..