Question Display Port not working on Benq XL2411P

Scotchy

Reputable
May 17, 2016
Hi,
I recently bought my first 144hz monitor (Benq XL2411P), but getting error of no signal. I'm aware that it requires DP or DVI-D to get 144hz.

Firstly it is connected to the GPU (GTX970). I have tested HDMI and DVI monitor connections(Not 144hz version) and it works.

I believed my DP was not working on my GPU but tested with HDMI (Monitor) to DP (PC) and that works.

I also tested on another computer that uses GTX 960 with a DP to DP and works fine reading it at 144hz.
I additionally bought another DP cable to see if it works and doesn't.

I'm somewhat baffled why it wont work on this PC but can work on others. I may be missing something silly but really scratching my brain.

Any help/advice would be really appreciated.

*Edit - I also have switched which cable inputs are selected through the monitor menus

Scotchy

Reputable
May 17, 2016
Update: I found out that because I have my Wacom Cintiq connected to DVI port it will only allow one monitor on and the benq wont connect, but if I disconnect the wacom the benq works. I used another monitor connected by HDMI and it works displaying both monitors

Does anyone know why I would have an issue with one monitor not allowing to work if another one is connected.