Display port or HDMI

pcand

Prominent
Jan 10, 2018
Hi,
I installed W10 last year with my monitor on the display port. Now I have changed my monitor which has only HDMI port; when I boot I have only a black screen with "no signal". I can't load the BIOS.
What I have to purchase : an adapter display → HDMI, or a monitor with DP as I had ?
Thanks cordially.

Solution
This sounds more like a problem with the graphics card. It is completely possible that the HDMI port you are using is dead. However also consider it may be the monitor that is broken or even the cable. Start with the most likely: Bad cable. try a different cable, if it still doesn't work try a different HDMI port on the GPU. If it still doesn't work and if you have an Integrated GPU on your chip try unplugging your GPU and using that. If you get no signal then it sounds like its the monitor. If you dont have an integrated GPU try another computer or game console or heck even a DVD player that uses HDMI.
This sounds more like a problem with the graphics card. It is completely possible that the HDMI port you are using is dead. However also consider it may be the monitor that is broken or even the cable. Start with the most likely: Bad cable. try a different cable, if it still doesn't work try a different HDMI port on the GPU. If it still doesn't work and if you have an Integrated GPU on your chip try unplugging your GPU and using that. If you get no signal then it sounds like its the monitor. If you dont have an integrated GPU try another computer or game console or heck even a DVD player that uses HDMI.

Solution