Question Display randomly stops working while gaming.

Karma_727

Reputable
Jun 24, 2017
Graphics card: Gtx 1070
Motherboard: Gigabyte Atx ddr4 intel LGA 1151
Processor: intel i7 6700k
Windows 10

For the past month or so I've had a strange problem. Sometimes, while gaming, my screen will randomly go blank and lose signal. Sometimes restarting my computer will fix it, but other times I need to open up my computer and reseat my graphics card, RAM, and reset my bios to get it to work again, and even then I have to do it multiple times to get the display to come back on again. I wonder if I'm even doing anything to fix it. When I plug my monitor into the motherboard it works, so I don't think it's my monitor, as easy a fix as that would be. I don't know if the problem is my graphics card, my drivers, or my motherboard, but any advice or insight would be greatly appreciated.

May 5, 2020
If it works on your motherboard and not your GPU the GPU or any drivers may be the problem. If the CPU is OC'd at all the voltage may not be high enough but read up on OC'ing before you do this.

Karma_727

Reputable
Jun 24, 2017
If it works on your motherboard and not your GPU the GPU or any drivers may be the problem. If the CPU is OC'd at all the voltage may not be high enough but read up on OC'ing before you do this.

I don't overclock my gpu or cpu. My Nvidia/graphics drivers are up to date. Are you saying that any out of date driver could be causing the problem?