Display screen only shows one monitor not two

yeswings

Reputable
Oct 26, 2014
Installed new video card both monitor screens display all content for both screens and display screen only shows one monitor not two. Not sure how to get the computer to discover both monitors. email yeswings@gmail.com

Solution
Well it depends on a multitude of factors. First, I need to know what video card you got. Second the monitors both need to be connected to the video card via display outputs (DVI, HDMI, DisplayPort, etc.). Lastly it's a matter of if your video card supports it but all video cards nowadays should support dual monitors.

There are some factors involving software and drivers, but the physical part matters first.

Answer these three and I can help you further.

Zuhayr378

Reputable
May 15, 2014
Well it depends on a multitude of factors. First, I need to know what video card you got. Second the monitors both need to be connected to the video card via display outputs (DVI, HDMI, DisplayPort, etc.). Lastly it's a matter of if your video card supports it but all video cards nowadays should support dual monitors.

There are some factors involving software and drivers, but the physical part matters first.

Answer these three and I can help you further.

Solution

Zuhayr378

Reputable
May 15, 2014

Oh yeah I'm seriously hitting my head right now why didn't that come to mind. XDD