Question Display settings greyed out when displaying PC output to the TV ?

Dec 18, 2023
I would love some help with this issue. I just replaced my NVMe drive on my PC. Prior to this, everything worked fine. I have a PC I built, which has a 3080ti graphics card. I am also running Windows 11. I have it connected to a monitor using the DisplayPort and I have a 8K HDMI cord connecting the PC to my LG CX OLED TV.

Again, prior to replacing the SSD, everything worked perfectly fine. When I wanted to game on my TV, I would right click the desktop, go to display settings, and choose "Show on 2 Only", which is my TV. It would switch over and everything was great, when I was done, I would change it back to "Show on 1 Only", and it would go back to my monitor.

After replacing the NVMe drive, now when I change the display to the TV, everything is huge. The aspect ratio seems off or the scaling, but I can not adjust any of it. When I right click on the desktop and look at the display settings when it is on the TV, the option for Display Resolution is greyed out and the Scale option shows nothing. Previously, everything just worked fine without me changing any settings.

I have updated the drivers on my graphics card and installed all windows updates after installing Windows on the new drive. I am at a complete loss and extremely frustrated at this point because it seems like this should be so simple, but I can not figure this out. Any suggestions?

Picture of Display Settings while on TV

Picture of what desktop looks like on TV

Picture of what my desktop SHOULD look like

Last edited:

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Similar TV, might not be related but check anyway aspect ratio setting in TV like this person, last reply. TV could have changed something on it's own (refreshing edid after reinstall maybe causing TV to default itself differently) confusing the hell out of you.

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2023
Similar TV, might not be related but check anyway aspect ratio setting in TV like this person, last reply. TV could have changed something on it's own (refreshing edid after reinstall maybe causing TV to default itself differently) confusing the hell out of you.

Thank you for the suggestion. Unfortunately it is still the same. I checked all the aspect ratio settings on the TV. Strange thing is videos and games all play fine on the TV. Even the wallpaper in the background on my desktop looks normal on the TV, it is only the taskbar, icons, and windows that seem huge. This makes me think there is something within Windows that needs to be adjusted, I just can't find it.