[SOLVED] DisplayPort 1.4 Only allowing 60hz option when switching to anything above 60hz dp signal not found (Monitor AlienwareAW2518HF, Gpu Asus Strix 2080Ti)

Oct 18, 2019
Specs: Gpu - Strix 2080 Ti Cpu - i9-9900k Motherboard: Asus rog maximus xi hero Monitor - Alienware aw2518hf This monitor is supposed to support 1920 x 1080 240hz through dp cable, I bought a vesa certified displayport 1.4 cable from club3d so I should be able to run 240hz on this monitor. Whenever I try switching to 240hz or anything above 60hz the screen goes black and says there is no dp input, I already tried to ddu but that didint work. plz help lol.

Solution
Thanks, i justed wanted to see which gpu was in use in case of a mixup, if igpu's 60Hz limited DP was used instead. It's not the case.

No difference between DP and Hdmi quality/Hz wise for this particular monitor except Freesync to Gsync isn't supported over Hdmi.

I don't know why DP isn't working. Could be something wrong with the cable.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Thanks, i justed wanted to see which gpu was in use in case of a mixup, if igpu's 60Hz limited DP was used instead. It's not the case.

No difference between DP and Hdmi quality/Hz wise for this particular monitor except Freesync to Gsync isn't supported over Hdmi.

I don't know why DP isn't working. Could be something wrong with the cable.

Solution