Question DisplayPort cable saying "Input not supported"

Status
Not open for further replies.

cblefty21

Commendable
Apr 11, 2018
So I just got a new PC and I am puzzled as to why my Displayport cable is not working. An HDMI cable works just fine, but the Displayport doesn't seem to work. I am using the Displayport cable my monitor came with. Could it be with the OSD Setup, windows settings, etc? I am unsure.
What are the possible fixes for this?

Thanks

GPU: RTX 2070 Super
Monitor: AOC C27G1

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Input not supported can be a result of trying to push a higher resolution or refresh rate - were you previously connected to a higher resolution monitor via DP, by chance?

I'd suggest connecting both HDMI and DP from the GPU to the monitor - and ensuring your display is displaying via HDMI.

From there, you should see two monitors within Windows Display Settings (or Nivida control panel) and ensuring 'both' monitors are set to 1080p resolution and (max) 144Hz. Then reboot and disconnect HDMI.

cblefty21

Commendable
Apr 11, 2018
Hey so I got it working, but I try enabling Gsync with the DP cable in, but when I enable it, the screen proceeds to say the input is not supported. This is confusing me because my monitor has freesync, and I have seen the videos where you can enable Gsync with a freesync monitor. Basically, when I got it to work, Gsync wasn’t enabled, but when I went into Nvidia CP and enabled it, then the monitor went right back to saying “Input not supported.”

Status
Not open for further replies.