Displayport no signal on ASUS VG248QE

Status
Not open for further replies.

FastGunna

Honorable
Jun 25, 2013
Just bought a 10ft Displayport cable and havent been able to get it to display anything. Googleing the issue has only come up with unsolved threads on various pc forums. Ive tried changing drivers and restarting my computer. DVI works just fine.

exxDUDExx

Honorable
Feb 20, 2013

I was as shocked as you are :)

Boutchoo

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2012

Without you, I would of never guessed! I was about to RMA my GTX 770.
You saved my "life"!

exxDUDExx

Honorable
Feb 20, 2013

:) I was in the same boat. But next thing that happened is it died completely and nothing worked.
Solution.... New Display Port cable. Apparently those can die.

bob3r

Reputable
Nov 21, 2014
I've tested everything with my friend the other night we were swaping cables, GPU, ports and even sockets on the motherboard and it turned out you had to pull the cable out for few secounds, anyone knows why this happened?

prettychillguy311

Reputable
May 17, 2015

This helped me more than the original "pull the powercord".

Dj_Shuntich

Reputable
Sep 4, 2015

docov06

Reputable
Feb 21, 2014

You are my hero. I was about to RMA my monitor after updating video card drivers, vBios, reverting drivers, and buying a new mini displayport.

JManHeymann

Reputable
Dec 28, 2014

This worked for me also! I guess leaving the monitor plugged in too long affects the displayport connection.

gamesturbator

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2014
Found this thread because this would happen when my computer came out of sleep mode. While it's nice to have found a "workaround" like unplugging the monitor, I then have to redo all the darn settings again. Regarding the loss of signal, the only commonality I've seen is if I use Asus monitors and ONLY Asus monitors. Currently have the VG248QE. Never had this problem with Samsung monitors. Unfortunately I've made the mistake of buying Asus monitors to save money the last few times. Just not worth the trouble. Never touching them again.

Sci-Fi Si

Reputable
Nov 12, 2015
Same as gamesturbation. :(

Unplugged everything, left for several minutes and - nothing. Just won't switch on. This monitor has lasted less than 24 hours. Also have the VG248QE. An unacceptable waste of my time and money.

Kaizoman_15

Reputable
Nov 16, 2015

I also, didn't think this was going to work but I can confirm that it does. There must be some kind of software protection on ASUS display ports that resets once the Caps drain out (or something similar).

ThorloX

Reputable
Nov 27, 2015
I can't believe this worked, lol... honestly, thanks. I sat here for like an hour and half thinking it was my computer who had messed up because dual monitoring and having the ASUS as a primary screen I tried to recover the whole comp (failed) unplugging ram, powering down powersupply googling for ages which fail description (assumed it was black screen, lol.) til I realised if I tried to hit enter and write my password I got in but no display and eventually got tracked to this post from another where the simplest thing solved my problem.

Kinda embarrasing being a techy and not knowing this. anyhow Thanks again :)

Status
Not open for further replies.