[SOLVED] Displayport to vga adapter

Jan 24, 2021
Hello
I would like to share my problem
i have gtx 1660super(1hdmi-3displayports)
trying dual monitor the first one works perfectly by hdmi
the second has vga only so i bought displayport to vga adapter
Displayport for gpu
Vga for monitor
but the second monitor shows no signal
what should i do?
PS:i tried the second monitor on my old pc and it works
Specs
Gtx1660super
Ryzen 5 2400g
8gb ram
Ex-a320m-gaming

Solution
OP, are you sure that second monitor is not faulty? Did it worked before?

If VGA monitor is working then disconnect HDMI monitor cable from video card. And try only that DisplayPort to VGA adapter with VGA monitor. Picture in VGA monitor will appear, then fix multi monitor connection in display settings (seems easy doable). If you still have no picture then adapter is defective and must be replaced to new one.

FYI: My nephew now use similar DisplayPort to VGA adapter between RX580 and his old Philips 19" monitor. Works just fine.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Do you have a link for the adapter you are using? DisplayPort is a digital interface. VGA is analog. Unless your adapter is "active", it can't produce the required signal to feed a VGA interface.

"Active" meaning proving an actual conversion process to produce an analog signal.

kanewolf

Titan
Hello
I would like to share my problem
i have gtx 1660super(1hdmi-3displayports)
trying dual monitor the first one works perfectly by hdmi
the second has vga only so i bought displayport to vga adapter
Displayport for gpu
Vga for monitor
but the second monitor shows no signal
what should i do?
PS:i tried the second monitor on my old pc and it works
Specs
Gtx1660super
Ryzen 5 2400g
8gb ram
Ex-a320m-gaming
What should you do? IMO, recycle a monitor that has only VGA ports.
Display adapters are hit-and-miss. There is no easy way to predict if they will work.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Does the second display (the VGA one) work if it is the only one attached to the system? Using the adapter, of course.

Please confirm that you connected the adapter to a DisplayPort on the GPU and not to a motherboard connected DP port.

Jan 24, 2021
Does the second display (the VGA one) work if it is the only one attached to the system? Using the adapter, of course.

Please confirm that you connected the adapter to a DisplayPort on the GPU and not to a motherboard connected DP port.
Yes it is connected to the gpu
My old pc has vga and dvi only not displayport
So i test the monitor without the adapter

OP, are you sure that second monitor is not faulty? Did it worked before?

If VGA monitor is working then disconnect HDMI monitor cable from video card. And try only that DisplayPort to VGA adapter with VGA monitor. Picture in VGA monitor will appear, then fix multi monitor connection in display settings (seems easy doable). If you still have no picture then adapter is defective and must be replaced to new one.

FYI: My nephew now use similar DisplayPort to VGA adapter between RX580 and his old Philips 19" monitor. Works just fine.

Solution