Displays look different on new GTX 970

cdepappe

Honorable
Jun 23, 2012
Hi, so I just got a brand new MSI GTX 970 and installed it and the drivers last night. I have the hooked up to 2 of the exact same Asus 1080p monitor. One HDMI, the other DVI of course. However the one monitor looks slightly different than the other and I am wondering why. All setting seem to be the same unless I'm missing something. The HDMI monitor seems to be "lighter".

1N07

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2014
Well all I can think about is to check the options on the monitor itself.
You know, through the menu using the buttons on the monitor.

Some difference might be normal, if everything else seems fine just adjust the setting so they look the same and forget it.

1N07

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2014

I don't think it's about the PSU. I mean the monitor gets it power straight from the wall... I suppose there might be some difference between DVI and HDMI, but I doubt that too.

1N07

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2014

Oh, yeah if all else is the same except the GPU I suppose it must be about the internal parts and not the monitors...

Well, I'm not sure what's wrong but if it can be fixed by changing the brightness and contrast as it should, I don't think there is anything to worry about as long as that's the only problem...

cdepappe

Honorable
Jun 23, 2012
yea, the brightness and contrast are exactly the same... so must be a feature of the card... I think it has something about scaling 4k down to a 1080p monitor? so maybe it only does that through HDMI which is making that monitor look better than the other?