DNF Demo Also For Borderlands Steam Buyers

Status
Not open for further replies.

proxy711

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2009
I'm pretty sure i read that they are only giving Borderlands owners the code for the demo if you owned borderlands before the GOTY edition came out. and that now if you buy the $20 version of Borderlands you wont get the code anymore.

proxy711

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2009
Don't buy the $20 dollar steam game just because you want a demo key I've confirmed that it doesn't give a demo key anymore.

People that have bought the $20 version of Borderlands aren't getting the demo Keys! there are multiple posts on the steam forums about it.

Only the GOTY edition provides demo keys now!

Marcus delete the last paragraph!

thechief73

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2010
Sad to hear that Proxy711, it seems to me that this would be rectified somehow by Steam and/or Gearbox, at least I would hope. As for me I had bought Borderlands through Steam Sale for $10.13(non-GOTY version, I loved it. Besides bad menu controls and a few other PORT! problems) and I have a redeem code for the DNF demo. Thanks Gearbox and Steam, at least some are trying to do right for thier customers, you guys are awsome!!!

sildar

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2010
It's a pretty confusing issue. I bought the game (and then-available DLC) on sale a month or so ago. A friend bought the game (and no DLC) a few days later. To clarify, neither of us bought the GOTY edition, because it wasn't available. My friend got a DNF demo code, but I haven't.

f-gomes

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2008
Who cares about a DNF demo? I don't need to test drive, as if you're reading this website, you won't need a test drive. You'll just get it, period.

Enough with this bullsh1t news just to get some more page hits.

BallistaMan

Distinguished
May 20, 2008
[citation][nom]redrabbit803[/nom]Anyone who has bought Borderlands (GOTY or not) via Steam can get a copy of the demo code. Just look under your Borderlands CD key and you should see it. Then go here. http://www.dukenukem.com/access[/citation]
Confirmed, worked with my regular copy of Borderlands (got it during the last $5 sale ^^).

ibn gozzy

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2010
I purchased Borderlands about a month ago when it was on sale from steam. I didn't pay attention to the version, but the other day I saw that Borderlands was updating and it now gave me a code that it said that I would need to play the game. The code actually said that it was for DNF. COOL, Free game...for a while.

vicsrealms

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2007
If you had the game before it dropped to $20 dollars then you can get the DNF code. If not you are SOL, or you can get the GOTY edition which will include all the DLC's. Its a great game with a good sense of humor, and I recommend all of it. Don't miss out. I dropped WoW to continue playing this game and when the patch comes out you can get to 69 (if it ever comes out! There are just something I hate waiting for.).

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
this si teh lamest shit i ever heard , talk about "HYPE" privilaged acess to get a demo WTF ????? what happeend to the times when devs had to RELY on deoms to get sales .. gezzus if it was any other tgame than duke nuke em forever , i'd pass on buying teh game over this , call me dramatical if youw ant but seriously crap if a dev wants folsk to give a hoot aobut their game they need to release the demo toe very one not jsut select a-holes who buy their big GoY edition game of last years game.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
[citation][nom]vicsrealms[/nom]If you had the game before it dropped to $20 dollars then you can get the DNF code. If not you are SOL, or you can get the GOTY edition which will include all the DLC's. Its a great game with a good sense of humor, and I recommend all of it. Don't miss out. I dropped WoW to continue playing this game and when the patch comes out you can get to 69 (if it ever comes out! There are just something I hate waiting for.).[/citation]

i bought it for 20 bucks on steam sale about 2 and a half months ago, cmae with 3 expantions for 10 bucks extra totaled 30 and i got the dnf demo key through steam :D

Status
Not open for further replies.