DNF PR Firm Threatens To Punish Sites For Bad Reviews, then Says Sorry

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mayne92

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
I love how the women's rights activists are in an uproar because Duke smacks bitches in the game - LOL. A mature rated game for mature audiences...who knew?! I've seen worst things in movies...but that is ok because movies don't influence people like games do. Pfft.

I remember playing Redneck Rampage and Postal growing up...anybody else? :p

wopr11

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2011
Any company doing business with the Redner Group should carefully evaluate whether they are the best alternative to promote their products or services - for most reputable companies they are obviously not.

wopr11

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2011
[citation][nom]CupoJoe[/nom]Am I the only one who is enjoying this game?[/citation]
Nah, some kids at the local mental retardation facility are enjoying it as much as you are

utengineer

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2010
Gamers are picky, so a professional reviewer is even more so. I only care about reviews of the game on a technical aspect. Subjective reviews are based upon personal preferences, so I don't put much stock in reviews in general. I enjoy the game, so HA to them. I just don't like the fact the servers max out at 4v4. Campaign or SP modes bore me, so all these reviews mean nothing to my use of the game.

thrasher32

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2007
I was planning on waiting until they drop the price to $10 anyways. Sounds like I won't need to wait long.

When I DO get the game, I'll make my own judgement on it.

thrasher32

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2007
[citation][nom]mayne92[/nom]I love how the women's rights activists are in an uproar because Duke smacks bitches in the game - LOL. A mature rated game for mature audiences...who knew?! I've seen worst things in movies...but that is ok because movies don't influence people like games do. Pfft. I remember playing Redneck Rampage and Postal growing up...anybody else?[/citation]

Redneck Rampage - oh HELL YES!!! Please give us Zombie Apocalypse Redneck Rampage 2012!!

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
I'm going to buy the game and beat it, but I really think it would have been for the best if the new Duke really did stay in development forever. It would have stayed 'that epic game that will be the best ever but will never be completed'. Now its just that game that took way too long to make and had mediocre gameplay. Such is the tragedy of meeting your idols, living out your dreams, etc. Its always worse than you imagined (except for sex with Scarlett Johansson, that has to be better than even my dreams).

G

Honestly DNF has been fun, funny, and over the top just as i expected it to be. People are holding it up to they were making this game for 14 years it should be the best game ever....but they werent working on it for 14 years. they worked on it maybe 1 as the previous developer shoved their thumb up their ass. they need to just look at the game. Not the history of the game and then maybe they will actually have fun.

upgrade_1977

Distinguished
May 5, 2011
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]Ignore reviews.If you can't form an opinion from your own experience you must be about 3 years old or have terminal alzheimers.This doesn't just go for Duke but for any game.Let's take movies as example, The Blues Brothers was universally panned by critics on it's cinema release and although it didn't get much commercial success it has stood the test of time to become an all-time cult classic beloved by generations.So the game has been out for 6 days worldwide, there is no need for such vitriol, I mean what were you expecting with the game? A free leather jacket, a six pack of beer and a blow job?[/citation]

LOL, Exactly.. Nice... One thumbs up for you buddy.. :D

Apple Troll Master

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2011
Holy F-Bomb am i disappointed. I bought DNF, and when i saw it install DX9c i got this sense that it was going to be a P.O.S. boy was I right. I played and killed the first boss thing on the football field and was like "This sucks!..." Don't feel bad for me....I already feel bad for myself. I want to take it back, but I'm one of those people no matter how horrible it is, I'll keep it on the shelf to say.."Yeah i own that P.O.S!"

11796pcs

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2011
[citation][nom]tgoods44[/nom]One of the most recent examples I can think of where I was totally tricked was Shogun 2. For some reason this game got really high reviews even though its common knowledge that the multiplayer campaign still %100 broken. How do you give a game that good review score when it doesn't even work. It is a good game, but not that good. The videos are cool but has nobody noticed that lack of maps? I don't want to play the same continental Japan over and over. Or the shallowness of the units? I mean c'mon I feel totally tricked on that one.[/citation]
As a huge fan of the Total War series Shogun 2 is probably my favorite, closely followed by Napoleon. I usually just play the games for the single player aspect though and that part of the game is awesome in Shogun 2. I haven't touched the MP for lack of interest but the scalling down of units for me was a big plus. The earlier games got annoying because you were constantly being bombarded with a ton of new units from enemy factions that you had no clue what their strengths were.

Kaboose

Distinguished
May 4, 2011
Just let Duke pay a visit to all the critics who cant handle his way of doing things. Then see if they can handle his balls of steel more while he's slapping there wifes around.
Can hear him now.
"I've got your product placement right here"
Cant handle a duke game , go play somethign else. Million of other non entertaining, non offensive games you can play.
Leave duke to us who know how to crack open a case, have a laugh, and enjoy a good time.
Till next time,
Eat s**t and die.

Status
Not open for further replies.