DNS HELP

Zeldec

Honorable
Dec 25, 2012
hello guys. my dad recently got a new router from my uncle to use for our new smartphones we got for Christmas. now my uncle did use this router before keep that in mind. so of course i get stuck with setting up my router cuz my dad has no clue about computers .

now i have a disk that came with the router and ran all through the setup process fine. says its all working well. BUT then when you connect to the new wireless network it says that it cannot connect to the internet but it is connected to the wireless router. so i ran my windows 7 trouble shooter. this is the error that the trouble shooter came up with

"Your computer is trying to use a DNS server that is incorrect or doesn’t exist."

i have no clue what a DNS is or how to fix it for that matter. please can i have some detailed instructions on how to fix this. i have tried resting the modem to factory settings "holding down the reset button for 15 seconds." and i have tried doing "ipconfig/flushdns" in my cmd while running it as an admin. HELP PLEASE! ive been at this for 2 hours and just want to get back to playing DayZ

Solution
do you have internet service at all in you house?

where is the new router connected to?

how is the new router connected to the internet?