[SOLVED] DNS Problems

BushyToaster88

Reputable
Nov 29, 2014
I have been having major DNS problems for a few days and I have no idea what’s causing it.

Every time playing an online game like GTAV, when loading in a vehicle after about a minute I loose connection to the server and the internet, my PC is only affected. When I try to use chrome I get, "dns_probe_finished_no_internet" The only way I can get the internet back is to restart the router.

Switching to my mobile hotspot I get no issues.

I have tried: flushing the DNS, changing the DNS on the router and the adapter, resetting the WIFI adapter, port forwarding the DNS port and other weird little fixes I found on Google.

I have no idea if it’s the WIFI adapter or the router that’s causing this.

Solution
It not likely a dns issue it will say that even when the internet goes completely down.

I would first try to hard code a DNS in your PC to something like 8.8.8.8. It is done in the ipv4 setting in the network.

I can see it being a router or internet issue since you must restart the router but it is strange if other device actually function when your PC is not working.
It not likely a dns issue it will say that even when the internet goes completely down.

I would first try to hard code a DNS in your PC to something like 8.8.8.8. It is done in the ipv4 setting in the network.

I can see it being a router or internet issue since you must restart the router but it is strange if other device actually function when your PC is not working.

Solution