[SOLVED] DNS server no responding - Contacting IPS said nothing was wrong

Dec 14, 2020
Ive been having this porblem with my internet - bought new ethernet cord, reinstalled all Lan drivers, my motherboard is a MOTAR B350 ive h d it for aorund 3 years. Ive done a lot of videos flushing the dns clearing it and all that in command prompt, ive come to the resort that I should just by a new motherboard but this is the last way i can see if anyone else has had this problem and if not im going to assume by ethernet plug on my motherboard is just broken. I have to reset my router every day it allows me to play for 5-8 hrs then is cuts out again, whne its cuts out does ti for around 5-10 mins and will go away, ive never had this problem before very confused .

Last edited:
Solution
To add to Ralston18's suggestions, you might want to reset the ISP's modem/router or yours, if you have a separate router. The problem could be a DHCP lease being too strict, but generally, these homestyle devices would have much more flexible DHCP scopes. There are several things you can check if/when the problem happens again:

1. Check the NIC on your motherboard to see if the link lights are illuminated (NICs have 2 LEDs - one indicates connectivity (this one is typically on, no flash); the other indicates frames/packets are being transmitted (this one flashes).
  2. Ping your default gateway - if this fails, you won't get to Google's DNS server. Your default gateway is the router's address, but if you have an ISP router and an...

Ralston18

Titan
And I will add the suggestion to look in Reliability History.

Look for any error codes, warnings, or informational events that precede those "cut-offs".

Make and model router? The router's logs (if available and enabled) may likewise provide some insight as to what is happening.

Who has full admin rights to your network router? You will need help from that person.

To add to Ralston18's suggestions, you might want to reset the ISP's modem/router or yours, if you have a separate router. The problem could be a DHCP lease being too strict, but generally, these homestyle devices would have much more flexible DHCP scopes. There are several things you can check if/when the problem happens again:

1. Check the NIC on your motherboard to see if the link lights are illuminated (NICs have 2 LEDs - one indicates connectivity (this one is typically on, no flash); the other indicates frames/packets are being transmitted (this one flashes).
  2. Ping your default gateway - if this fails, you won't get to Google's DNS server. Your default gateway is the router's address, but if you have an ISP router and an additional router, use the one acting as the DHCP server
  3. If using a router behind an ISP router, make sure your ISP router is set to DMZ or take away the secondary router to remove any possible conflicts
  4. Check the modem/router web interface (by typing in the IP address in a browsers address bar) for any firmware updates
  5. If the modem/router is property of or issued by ISP, nag them for a replacement.

Solution