[SOLVED] Do all graphics cards with 3 display ports have the ability to attach and display 3 monitors (no gaming, just multi display)

entrytrader

Commendable
Oct 15, 2019
Hi, Can I please ask you a question. Just like the gent that you helped, I need multiple displays for desktop, no gaming. I am thinking of buying a Nvidia Geforce Gt 730 2Gb Ddr3 card for this. It has three display ports, VGA, HDMI and DVI. I have been told i can only get 2 displays from this. Is it the size of the card or the card too old. If I get a move GB card, like 4gb instead of 2gb, would that sort the issue? Thanks

Infydel

Prominent
Jun 21, 2019
Hi, Can I please ask you a question. Just like the gent that you helped, I need multiple displays for desktop, no gaming. I am thinking of buying a Nvidia Geforce Gt 730 2Gb Ddr3 card for this. It has three display ports, VGA, HDMI and DVI. I have been told i can only get 2 displays from this. Is it the size of the card or the card too old. If I get a move GB card, like 4gb instead of 2gb, would that sort the issue? Thanks
GT 730 2gb support 3 monitors maxs

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

entrytrader

Commendable
Oct 15, 2019
Thanks for coming back to me. I just spoke to NVIDIA and they are saying, this one will only support 2 monitors no more when it has 3 display ports. So I am a bit confused because my impression was that long as you have 3 ports you can have 3 displays

Infydel

Prominent
Jun 21, 2019
Thanks for coming back to me. I just spoke to NVIDIA and they are saying, this one will only support 2 monitors no more when it has 3 display ports. So I am a bit confused because my impression was that long as you have 3 ports you can have 3 displays
Yes, but you can try

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

entrytrader

Commendable
Oct 15, 2019
https://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gt-730/specifications
As you can see there are 3 variances of your card. If you have the first one it only supports 2 displays. The other 2 can support 3 displays.

Check your box to make sure which one you have or use gpu-z. (The third one is GDDR5 so you certainly do not have that).
This is similar to what the NVidia people said. "Check the box". Are you saying if the box doesnt say so, it will not give you multiple display?

I am saying, check your box to see which variance of the 3 that you can find in the link I posted, you actually have.
The third one is definitely not the one you have. You can also take some pictures and upload it to imgur for us to see.

Worst case scenario, you can use 2 monitors.