Question Do all Hardware issues show up in Event viewer when they occur ?

onemoretimex

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2015
Im having 2 issues that randomly occur, i cant know when they will happen so im unable to record it happening.

Im hoping its software/driver/OS related and not hardware as the hardware is all brand new.

I have an over clock on the APU both CPU and IGPU and also on my Ram however all have passed stress tests with no issues up to an hour, Ram had no fails on memtest either with 6 checks.

There doesnt seem to be any Temp issues 34c idle and max 68c.....

So im left scratching my head....

Today one of the issues happened.... i lost picture it just came up no signal on my tv... and i had to do a hard power off by holding in the pc power button....

When i looked on event viewer to see the cause nothing had registered however there was about 15 warnings that all occured between the screen going no display and me holding in the power button... so they all happened whilst my screen was showing no display.

All 15 are the same - event 134 ntfs -The transaction resource manager on volume C: encountered an error during recovery. The resource manager will continue recovery.

Did this cause the problem or did this result due to the problem ?

And on very odd occasions ill get a random 1 second buzz noise that comes through my speakers whilst watching movies either on vlc or youtube... when it happens all of the movies sound stops and just this buzz for less than a second.

To me these are all signs of something being a little off... but my stress tests tell me everything is okay along with a ton of reports from system mechanic saying its all good.

Any ideas ?

onemoretimex

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2015
What are your full system specs? Sounds like a storage issue. Have you tried chkdsk?

This link might help you:https://social.technet.microsoft.co...source-manager-error-134?forum=w8itprogeneral

yeah checked the hdd and no errors or nothing... toshiba 1t hdd.

Windows 10

ryzen 2200g overclocked to 3.8ghz and 1500mhz

Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4 3200 overclocked to 3400

Corsair CP-9020102-UK CX550M 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Po Wer Supply Unit

scarlett solo audio interface usb

onemoretimex

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2015
I havent tested it yet, I overclocked it right from the install... and when it passed all the stress tests multiple times and wasnt crashing I just took it the OC was good.. i mean if its stable and not overheating i just took it the issue must lie elsewhere... my idle temps are 34c and max ive seen under load is 68c

I suppose i could just set it back to default but hadnt considered it as an issue do to how stable it is under 10x the load in stress tests compared to these issue occuring watching a youtube video....

If the OC was the cause would the issue show in Eventviewer?

onemoretimex

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2015
I am actually not too sure on that aspect. An unstable OC should just crash the system. Try it without the OC and let us know.

yeah i will do, i was holding off as i had messed about with the volts etc to lower voltage but maintain the OC.

The screen lost signal today whilst browsing with multiple tabs... infact i probably had like 20 plus because i was opening up a load of reddits to read through one by one... which felt like a strange thing to lose video signal... not sure if the pc had crashed or not as i couldnt see the screen however it was all lit up and i needed to hold the power button in to turn it off... but again cant be sure whether it was still functioning without a display or had locked up.

As for the annoying noise it only happens with videos from what ive noticed... usually when starting a video or randomly during a movie... sounds very similar to the interference noises you used to get when a mobile phone was about to start ringing..... i used to have this interference and knew my phone was about to ring a second before it did due to this noise.

Will take the OC off for a day or two and see how it runs and post back.

Cheers.

Reactions: ArchitSahu

onemoretimex

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2015
I am actually not too sure on that aspect. An unstable OC should just crash the system. Try it without the OC and let us know.

So put all OC back to default bar the xmp profile for the ram which i need to enable to use the 3200.

Today i noticed the buzzing noise more often and to add to it there is the occasional crackle coming from the speakers that also lasts no longer than a second... my wireless mouse and keyboard also has some issues randomly locking up and delayed typing... but then returns to normal.

Im now going to disable my audio interface and run all sound through my amd hdmi tv speakers to see if i still get the sounds that are produced through the speakers with my interface this might give me a good idea whether its the audio interface/speakers or driver for the AI that might be the issue cause right now nothing else stands out.

no overclock.... all drivers up to date according to Driver booster, no problems showing up in virus scans, malware scans or system mechanic and when i run windows checks nothing stands out either.

All my hardware is brand new installed last month bar the case... anything i could check there ? it was my first build so could i have installed the aput wrong ? like the cpu fan etc ?.... seems tight enough above the cpu.... i ask because the noise from the speakers tend to happen when starting a video and other things that causes my cpu to spike temporarily from low % to high % so im thinking the cpu spike is the culprit but not sure how it would cause these issues ?

So put all OC back to default bar the xmp profile for the ram which i need to enable to use the 3200.

Today i noticed the buzzing noise more often and to add to it there is the occasional crackle coming from the speakers that also lasts no longer than a second... my wireless mouse and keyboard also has some issues randomly locking up and delayed typing... but then returns to normal.

Im now going to disable my audio interface and run all sound through my amd hdmi tv speakers to see if i still get the sounds that are produced through the speakers with my interface this might give me a good idea whether its the audio interface/speakers or driver for the AI that might be the issue cause right now nothing else stands out.

no overclock.... all drivers up to date according to Driver booster, no problems showing up in virus scans, malware scans or system mechanic and when i run windows checks nothing stands out either.

All my hardware is brand new installed last month bar the case... anything i could check there ? it was my first build so could i have installed the aput wrong ? like the cpu fan etc ?.... seems tight enough above the cpu.... i ask because the noise from the speakers tend to happen when starting a video and other things that causes my cpu to spike temporarily from low % to high % so im thinking the cpu spike is the culprit but not sure how it would cause these issues ?
I would recheck your connections and reseat some components. I have never experienced this issue so I am do not feel so adequate in answering. Have you tried DDU for the GPU drivers and then redownloaded them from the AMD?