Question Do ASUS motherboards commonly take a long time to boot ?

Aug 23, 2023
Context: recently bought an ASUS Prime B550m-A WIFI II to move all my previous components from. When power is on, PC did not boot. It took multiple tries for it to boot. When it did, it took about a minute for ASUS logo to show up. Also, every time I boot, the boot time increases no matter what. My question is: are asus b550 motherboards normally like this or is it hardware incompatibility? I am on the latest BIOS version being 3607.

Specs:
ASUS Prime B550m-A WIFI II
Ryzen 5 5600x
Rx 6600 Sapphire Pulse Lite Edition
16 GB Corsair LPX (3600mhz/mts, had to increase voltage to 1.4 in order to reach said speed)
WD Black SN770 500GB (OS drive)
Samsung 970 Evo Plus (Game Drive)
Corsair CX650M
Deepcool CC560 V2

Methods I have tried:
  • Removing Game Drive, no difference
  • Disabling unwanted features, no difference
  • Resetting CMOS, no effect
  • Reseating CPU, GPU, RAM, storage drives, no effect.

I ask the wise of Tom's Hardware to aid me.

Context: recently bought a ASUS Prime B550m-A WIFI ii to move all my previous components from. When power is on, PC did not boot. It took multiple tries for it to boot. When it did, it took about a minute for ASUS logo to show up. Also, every time I boot, the boot time increases no matter what. My question is: are asus b550 motherboards normally like this or is it hardware incompatibility? I am on the latest BIOS version being 3607.
Specs:
Ryzen 5 5600x
Rx 6600 Sapphire Pulse Lite Edition
16 GB Corsair LPX (3600mhz/mts, had to increase voltage to 1.4 in order to reach said speed)
WD Black SN770 500GB (OS drive)
Samsung 970 Evo Plus (Game Drive)
Corsair CX650M
Deepcool CC560 V2
Methods I have tried:
Removing Game Drive, no difference
Disabling unwanted features, no difference
Resetting CMOS, no effect
Reseating CPU, GPU, RAM, storage drives, no effect.
I ask the wise of Tom's Hardware to aid me.
It's often due to "Memory training" BIOS feature when memory timings are not fully recognized or have strange (to BIOS) settings. Are you setting DOCP to memory's XMP ? Does it also take that long when it's just restarted ? Did you update BIOS version ?

Aug 23, 2023
It's often due to "Memory training" BIOS feature when memory timings are not fully recognized or have strange (to BIOS) settings. Are you setting DOCP to memory's XMP ? Does it also take that long when it's just restarted ? Did you update BIOS version ?
As I have said, my BIOS is the latest. I am setting the memory to the DOCP settings. And it takes longer to boot when restarted.

Mine takes about 30 seconds or so when booting up to get to the asus splash screen.

Assu Prime X670-P WiFi - Ryzen 7 7700x - G.Skill Trident Z5 6000MT/s CL30, ram is certified intel XMP not EXPO but is on the QVL.

It doenst really bother me as i leave my computer on 24/7 with a reboot every other week if its lucky. I have heard if i drop the speed to 5600MT/s that it should boot up faster.....but ive never tested that theory.

Aug 23, 2023
Mine takes about 30 seconds or so when booting up to get to the asus splash screen.

Assu Prime X670-P WiFi - Ryzen 7 7700x - G.Skill Trident Z5 6000MT/s CL30, ram is certified intel XMP not EXPO but is on the QVL.

It doenst really bother me as i leave my computer on 24/7 with a reboot every other week if its lucky. I have heard if i drop the speed to 5600MT/s that it should boot up faster.....but ive never tested that theory.
Yeah, mine is the same. Intel XMP certified but not AMD certified and is on the QVL list. I'm running the ram at 3599 so I'll have to experiment. But at the same time, it was the same amount of time booting when off DOCP. When compared to my previous mobo (B550 UD AC), it just seems off when with the gigabyte board, it took less than 15 seconds.

Last edited: