[SOLVED] Do bluetooth transmitters send signal in stereo mode or just mono?

fretman

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2007
Hi, I'm using a bluetooth transmitter to play the audio from my TV to my headphones. The BT transmitter is connected to my TV using the L and R audio (white/red) RCA cable. The cable is then connected to the transmitter and the transmitter is connected into my TV's USB port. However, I can only get the audio to play in mono mode with my bluetooth headphones. Same thing happens on my computer if I plug the BT transmitter using the 3.5mm audio jack. When I just use my headphones without the transmitter, every plays in stereo mode. Can someone let me know what the issue could be? Or if there even is an issue? Thanks.

Solution
Thanks. It's a very basic transmitter. I don't even think the manual (small 4 page foldout in multiple languages) covers this. I thought maybe it was my TV output but I plugged the RCA cable straight into my headphone bypassing the transmitter and everything was in stereo. So therefore I think it's the transmitter that only transmits in mono. Is that possible?

I guess it could be possible but without checking with the vendor or finding something in the manual no way to know for sure, I'm guessing as much as you are. It may also be broken and not doing stereo when it should. I got this model and it works well, although you need APTX low latency headphones to run with it or there will be a decent delay with movie audio...

fretman

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2007
Thanks. It's a very basic transmitter. I don't even think the manual (small 4 page foldout in multiple languages) covers this. I thought maybe it was my TV output but I plugged the RCA cable straight into my headphone bypassing the transmitter and everything was in stereo. So therefore I think it's the transmitter that only transmits in mono. Is that possible?

I guess it could be possible but without checking with the vendor or finding something in the manual no way to know for sure, I'm guessing as much as you are. It may also be broken and not doing stereo when it should. I got this model and it works well, although you need APTX low latency headphones to run with it or there will be a decent delay with movie audio https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07RYQ2DD7/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Solution

fretman

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2007
I guess it could be possible but without checking with the vendor or finding something in the manual no way to know for sure, I'm guessing as much as you are. It may also be broken and not doing stereo when it should. I got this model and it works well, although you need APTX low latency headphones to run with it or there will be a decent delay with movie audio https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07RYQ2DD7/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Thanks. I will look into this one.