Do CPU clocks effect the GPU?

Daniel Byun

Honorable
Feb 2, 2014
Recently I've down-clocked my AMD A10 6800k stock 4.1 Ghz to 3.2 Ghz because it was running TOO (100 degrees +) hot at 4.1 Ghz. Now it runs at 45-60 degrees stable at 3.2 Ghz. But recently I've noticed some severe frame drops in League of Legends. The game i play. When I had my CPU at 4.1 Ghz, it would run around 90-165 fps but ever since I down clocked my CPU I get a minor 30-40 fps and I get some minor freezes. I was wondering if anyone has experienced the problem and know the solution.Thanks.

Solution
Yes it will affect. It is an APU with built in GPU which is affected if you are using it and if you have a discrete GPU it is what is called CPU bottleneck that is CPU holding GPU back. Better course of action is to get aftermarket Cooler for the CPU and keep the clocks high.
Yes it will affect. It is an APU with built in GPU which is affected if you are using it and if you have a discrete GPU it is what is called CPU bottleneck that is CPU holding GPU back. Better course of action is to get aftermarket Cooler for the CPU and keep the clocks high.

Solution