[SOLVED] Do i get rid of malware if i reset my pc to factory setting

Memme_gamer

Prominent
Aug 16, 2019
Hello i think i have malware of something because my pc is very slow the HDD is loud and sometimes its on like 100% usage but what i mean with reset to factory setting is trouble shot the pc it deletes all the apps files and reseting settings on windows because i dont have much important in my pc the only thing i have is like games and stuff

Solution
Hello i think i have malware of something because my pc is very slow the HDD is loud and sometimes its on like 100% usage but what i mean with reset to factory setting is trouble shot the pc it deletes all the apps files and reseting settings on windows because i dont have much important in my pc the only thing i have is like games and stuff

Yes, a reset should remove all malware, since it returns windows to the state it was before you installed anything. Resets only touch C drive so if you have more than 1 hdd, all the data on the other will still be there. fresh start might make PC faster too.

Colif

Win 11 Master

Yes, a reset should remove all malware, since it returns windows to the state it was before you installed anything. Resets only touch C drive so if you have more than 1 hdd, all the data on the other will still be there. fresh start might make PC faster too.

Solution

Memme_gamer

Prominent
Aug 16, 2019
but do i need to install windows again or do i need to get a activation key

It could also be simply that your hard drive is failing. Did you actually run anything like Malwarebytes or an anti-virus scan to check the system?

Colif

Win 11 Master
A question if i have like a spyware or something if i use a vpn can they like see what im doing online do they like hack the vpn so it dont work

i think the answer is maybe, it really depends what (if any) malware you have and whether its just spyware or a virus. I honestly don't know what malware might target, whether hacking into a VPN would be something it does. Viruses might, but they tend to be destructive, not just a redirect.

Avast are more interested in getting your email address so they can sell it to marketers, than they are in stopping viruses. But I never got infected while using their products so not all bad.

what brand hdd is it, do you know? some brands have their own tests you can run on them to see their health.