asaulmans

Prominent
Jul 22, 2019
Hi,

I posted about my faulty pc here a while ago and really appreciated the feedback. Alas, I have another three questions.

1. Can a faulty motherboard cause corrupt system files on a clean install of Windows 10 with USB? Not only that, but I also received a DPC Watchdog Violation BSOD as well. I had only really installed Google Chrome and nothing else when this happened. Reason I clean installed in the first place is because I have been receiving progressively consistent BSODs within past couple months. I have tested all other hardware with no issues except for the GPU, which failed the benchmark test but I'm guessing the issue is something else since I tried swapping out with another GPU I ordered, which also failed the benchmark. The only thing left is the mobo, I wanted to ask other's opinions.

2. I know there is the option of upgrading mobo, but I wonder how common it is that an upgrade can solve corrupt system files? From what I read it seems like a somewhat risky action.

3. If I were to replace mobo completely, could anyone suggest a model that would be better suited to the components I have now? The one I have currently is the MSI Z 270 A Pro.
Here are my components :
NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti
i7-7700K 11GB
32 GB RAM (4x8)
240GB SSD + 3TB HDD
850W PSU

Grateful for any help!

Last edited:
Solution
It is more likely to be a problem with RAM. I suggest you getting Memtest86+ and have it to test the integrity of the RAM. You may let it run for several hours in order to be more confident in its findings (ie. if you run it for only minutes or even an hour, it may still be ram issues even if it haven't found anything)
It is more likely to be a problem with RAM. I suggest you getting Memtest86+ and have it to test the integrity of the RAM. You may let it run for several hours in order to be more confident in its findings (ie. if you run it for only minutes or even an hour, it may still be ram issues even if it haven't found anything)

Reactions: Phillip Corcoran
Solution
You might want to run chkdsk to look for missing file links.

1. A faulty motherboard is likely to not boot at all. If you can get into windows, a bad motherboard is not going to corrupt files.

2. A motherboard replacement is not likely to solve your issue.

3. ^^

Corrupt files are more likely to come from a bad ssd.