Question Do I have Hynix dies?

Andrewbandrew05

Reputable
Jun 30, 2019
Thaiphoon burner says the manufacturer of my DRAM components is Hynix, but it says I have C-dies. This is a pretty nooby question I guess, but I'm new to overclocking so yeah.

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador
It's not as simple as that. Hynix C-die (CFR) can potentially OC as well as A-Die (AFR) or possibly better and almost as good as Samsung B-die from what I have read of peoples successes. That isn't to say all C-die can OC well, just that from what I have read, people are getting good OCs with it.
That really depends on your Motherboard and CPU.

3200MHz CL18 isn't exactly in a great starting place for an overclock across any board I have messed with. 3200MHz CL14 or CL15 generally yields the best results.

Andrewbandrew05

Reputable
Jun 30, 2019
I'm trying to not 1867 memory clock 3733 cas 16 or 18 and i was running mem test to check if my oc was stable. I unplugged my monitor so it wouldnt burn in and went off to do something else. I came back 40 or so minutes later and when i plugged in my monitor the screen stayed black. Any ideas?

I'm trying to not 1867 memory clock 3733 cas 16 or 18 and i was running mem test to check if my oc was stable. I unplugged my monitor so it wouldnt burn in and went off to do something else. I came back 40 or so minutes later and when i plugged in my monitor the screen stayed black. Any ideas?
It crashed. Lower to 3600Mhz.

Why would your monitor burn in?
Is it an OLED monitor?
Only OLED monitors burn in.

Last edited: