[SOLVED] Do I have OneDrive or not?

Countess_C

Reputable
Aug 24, 2019
I'm new to Windows 10 and I don't want OneDrive. I didn't enter an email, so when I search for OneDrive I get "Configure OneDrive" and it asks me to enter my email address (which I'm not doing). I can't see OneDrive in "Apps & Features". And the folder "OneDrive" is empty.

Does this mean that I don't have OneDrive or that it's not active?

I'm sure it's a nice app for some people, but I personally prefer to do my computer stuff on my PC and I don't have other devices with internet, and I don't want a company to have my stuff uploaded on their servers. :)

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
Solution

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
if you have a MS account, then you have one-drive. you may not be using it, but if you sign into it with your MS account, then it is already set-up for you.

you can remove onedrive using the settings app if i recall right but it may have to be done through the command line.

keep in mind this only removes the app from your pc but you still have one drive space that can be accessed through onedrive.com so techinically if you have a MS account, then you will always have one drive space even if you don't use it.

D

Deleted member 14196

i think you can uninstall it from Programs and Features.

I can't live without it. ALL my stuff is in the Cloud. My machines can burn to the ground and I never lose anything personal OR work related! it's a good thing. Having an Office subscription gives me and 5 users 1 TB cloud-space for saving all our stuff..... (also have 1 TB from employer subscription as well, so 1TB for me and 1TB for work, I even back up VMs)

that way I don't come onto TH forums and cry when my drive fails because I lost data. it's also the reason I install windows clean whenever I run into an issue (which is next to never). never lose another thing! and I don't have to look for needles in haystacks for hours. 8 minutes and I'm up fresh. install office and I am away!

Reactions: Countess_C

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
yah it has its uses for sure. i've not moved my back-ups into the cloud like that but i do have them sent to a local set-up so it is separate from the pc. great idea for all users whether it is local cloud or based on one of the services. having it off the pc is a great way to help keep it safe.

but i understand the desire to not have one drive pop up all the time asking to sign in and get started when i have no intention of using it....