Question Do I have to buy anything to be able to connect my 3.5 HHD to my Lian Li Liancool2 case?

isseymiyake32

Reputable
Jun 4, 2016
i have one 3.5 HHD that needs to be connected to my new Li Lian Liancool2 case. Do I need to buy anything extra just tp be able to connect my HHD to my case. The (3) drive bay back plate is not included with the case. I just want to connect one HHD without having to buy the back plate.

Ok, so you meant "mount"?

The only "tray" there is to buy is the hot swappable tray. As far as mounting the HDD is concerned, there are three tool free 3.5" drive bay locations, so mounting your HDD should not be a problem. If you look at the main page for the Lancool 2, it specifically shows that.

onmLQXw.png

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2020
i have one 3.5 HHD that needs to be connected to my new Li Lian Liancool2 case. Do I need to buy anything extra just tp be able to connect my HHD to my case. The (3) drive bay back plate is not included with the case. I just want to connect one HHD without having to buy the back plate.
I have the same case. You only need the backplate if you choose to make your hard drive hot swappable. Otherwise just mount the hard drive in the caddy, the back is open and plug in your power and sata cables like any other case mount. Good luck with your build. I love this case.