Do I have to manually overclock a OC edition graphics card or it boosts on it's own?

Ravi_105

Prominent
Apr 26, 2017
Hii,
I am gonna buy either a Zotac 1050ti mini or a Zotac 1050ti overclock edition. I am not a fan of overclocking as I don't want to reduce my components life span. I have a Amd ryzen 5 1600 CPU, which I would never overclock, it boosts to 3.6ghz automatically on its own when needed. So, it's safe.

I am thinking to go with 1050ti oc edition as it has a higher boost clock for a couple of more dollars. But there would be no point in buying it if I have to overclock it manually.
So, my question is Do I have to manually overclock it or it boosts on its own, like my cpu does ?

Thank you.

Solution
when a video card says "oc or SSC" on it, the manufacturer has a mild overclock on the chip as they found it could handle it out of the box.
so you have no additional overclocking to do on it (though you can)

Ravi_105

Prominent
Apr 26, 2017
Would it be good to go for an OC version then, as both the cards have same build architecture? I do gaming like GTA 5, battlefield and rendering inside of Element 3D.

gasaraki

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008

Overclcoked cards will perform better than a stock clocked card, however it is up to you to judge if the price increase is worth it. Some times it is a no brainer because the OC card is the same price for example.