[SOLVED] Do I have to reinstall everything if I upgrade to an ASUS ROG STRIX B450-E?

anonymous890

Reputable
Jan 15, 2018
So my current motherboard is an ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F but it doesn't have an ARGB connecter
So I plan to buy an ASUS ROG STRIX B450-E which has one.

The problem is, I'm to lazy to reinstall everything like the OS, and my games. Especially that I have a really slow internet connection.

So the question is.
Do I have to reinstall everything if I'm upgrading to an ASUS ROG STRIX B450-E from an ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F?

Solution
So my current motherboard is an ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F but it doesn't have an ARGB connecter

The problem is, I'm to lazy to reinstall everything like the OS, and my games. Especially that I have a really slow internet connection.

So the question is.
Do I have to reinstall everything if I'm upgrading to an ASUS ROG STRIX B450-E from an ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F?
No, everything should work from word go.

So the question is.

Solution

anonymous890

Reputable
Jan 15, 2018
Yes hello, may I ask for more?
Can you recommend a better motherboard for upgrade that has the same pricing as asus rog strix b450-E? with an argb connector.

asus rog strix b450-E has only one argb connector right? But does it function the same as the rgb one where I can use splitters? cause I wanna control different argb lights

Yes hello, may I ask for more?
Can you recommend a better motherboard for upgrade that has the same pricing as asus rog strix b450-E? with an argb connector.

asus rog strix b450-E has only one argb connector right? But does it function the same as the rgb one where I can use splitters? cause I wanna control different argb lights
ARGB and RGB are not interchangeable but either one can be used with splitters for a reasonable load. That MB is one of rare b450 MBs with both types. Msi b450 MAX boards have 2 x RGB headers.

anonymous890

Reputable
Jan 15, 2018
I don't think that one ARGB header can withstand so much power, fans only, maybe. For all of that you probably need some powered ARGB hub.

Ahhh so the argb hub goes to the argb header? in that way it will be ok?

Can you recommend me other am4 motherboard that's better than the asus rog strix b450-E that has an argb connector too but is in the same price range as the strix b450-E?