Do I have to uninstall old drivers when removing a gpu

Challenjour

Commendable
Jan 5, 2017
I found out my old pc has a gpu inside, so I want to take it out and put it in my other system that I use for much lighter titles like runescape, Quake, and things like that. But what I want to know is, if I take out the gpu, do I have to uninstall the drivers first then remove it? My parents use that system so I can't just toss it aside after installing the gpu onto my second system. Any answer is nice

Solution
You may or may not be able to remove the gpu at all. There are several cpus that do not have a built-in igpu in the die, so use a gpu to get a signal. If you take it out, the pc is now useless.

No, you don't need to remove the drivers. Windows contains a bunch of drivers that never get used, because your particular pc doesn't have that hardware. Just in bios change the video primary from the PEX (add on gpu) to igpu.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
You may or may not be able to remove the gpu at all. There are several cpus that do not have a built-in igpu in the die, so use a gpu to get a signal. If you take it out, the pc is now useless.

No, you don't need to remove the drivers. Windows contains a bunch of drivers that never get used, because your particular pc doesn't have that hardware. Just in bios change the video primary from the PEX (add on gpu) to igpu.

Solution