[SOLVED] Do I need 2 4-pin ATX power connector?

Nov 27, 2020
Hey, I recently got the warning:
  • Note:The Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard has an additional 4-pin ATX power connector but the Corsair TXM Gold 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply does not. This connector is used to supply additional 12V current to the motherboard. While the system will likely still run without it, higher current demands such as extreme overclocking or large video card current draws may require it.
on my PCPartpicker build.

Here are my build spec ideas:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core Processor
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB GAMING OC Video Card
Case: Cooler Master MasterBox MB520 ARGB ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: Corsair TXM Gold 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply
Case Fan: Corsair AF140L 67.43 CFM 140 mm Fan
Case Fan: Corsair AF140L 67.43 CFM 140 mm Fan

Should I worry about this as I have already purchased the power supply. Should I return it?

Also, is it possible to get converters? eg: 1x SATA power cable to 4pin, as I have spare SATA cable slots in my PSU.

Solution
I think some of these replies don't understand what you are saying, yes you'll be fine with just the 8pin eps, you do not need to plug anything into the additional 4pin eps.

For everyone else, That board has 8pin eps along with another 4pin, look the board up, making it a 12pin eps. That spare 4 pin is to help with overclocking but isn't necessary even for the 3900x

Top left, you can see the EPS connections

13-119-312-V01.jpg
I think some of these replies don't understand what you are saying, yes you'll be fine with just the 8pin eps, you do not need to plug anything into the additional 4pin eps.

For everyone else, That board has 8pin eps along with another 4pin, look the board up, making it a 12pin eps. That spare 4 pin is to help with overclocking but isn't necessary even for the 3900x

Top left, you can see the EPS connections

13-119-312-V01.jpg

Reactions: alexbirdie
Solution