Do i need a air/liquid cooler for bettter performance?

Didar1641

Reputable
Jul 14, 2015
My custom build pc has a msi gaming5 motherboard,Intel i5 4690k processor,8 gb corsair vengeance 8gb ddr3 1600 bus ram,1 tb Wd hdd,Msi 970 4GD5T OC gpu,thermaltake Smart SE 730 w power supply and a thermaltake Versa H34 casing..In Gta 5 when i turned up the msaa 4x..the game lagged a bit..if i need a cooler pls suggest me entry level options(low on budget) and give some alternative options..

Thanks IN Advance :)

It is generally a good idea to get a better cooler than the stock cooler when using a 'k' processor.

Here's one of the best budget coolers on the market right now and will be able to keep your CPU at perfectly health temps:

CPU Cooler: CRYORIG H7 49.0 CFM CPU Cooler ($34.50 @ Newegg)
Total: $34.50
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-11-23 17:00 EST-0500

Since anti-aliasing is almost entirely GPU-dependent, I don't think CPU heat is likely to be causing this particular problem.

You should check your CPU temperatures under load if you are concerned about them. Generally you are not going to overheat the CPU even with the stock cooler if you are not overclocking, but a reasonably priced aftermarket cooler is still not a bad investment and the one mentioned above is a good one.