do i need a extra overvoltage protection thing?

Solution
yes if i lived in an area with a lot of thunderstorms then i would get one. i have heard but not sure if its a gimmick that it helps with audio setups as well by there being less noise in the signal. also it might prolong the life of your stuff marginally.

my whole point is that so many people are so polarized about stuff like this. for example some people saying you must have this no matter what or that it is completely a waste of money.

they are out there for a reason but not everyone has one for a reason as well.

is it for a business? how much does your computer cost? do you live in a place nicknamed "thunder alley"?

sheag123

Honorable
Dec 1, 2012
no you dont need it but it helps. the price per what it gives you is low, but theres always a risk with buying anything. just depends if the risk is worth it to you. millions of computers run without one so chances are you will be fine without one.

taenbolle

Reputable
May 7, 2014

i thought in the way of thunderstorms?
will it work fine then?

sheag123

Honorable
Dec 1, 2012
yes if i lived in an area with a lot of thunderstorms then i would get one. i have heard but not sure if its a gimmick that it helps with audio setups as well by there being less noise in the signal. also it might prolong the life of your stuff marginally.

my whole point is that so many people are so polarized about stuff like this. for example some people saying you must have this no matter what or that it is completely a waste of money.

they are out there for a reason but not everyone has one for a reason as well.

is it for a business? how much does your computer cost? do you live in a place nicknamed "thunder alley"?

Solution

taenbolle

Reputable
May 7, 2014

lol. it was just today it started thundering and i started thinking does overvaltage in the PSU is good enough :)