[SOLVED] Do I need a PCIEX1_1 as I have a open slot for one

Jan 25, 2019
A quick question I have just built my first PC using all new parts and the motherboard did not come with any connection points on it for a output source for a monitor, so I tried using a graphics for the output source and nothing happened. I have a pciex1_1 slot with nothing in it would I need a video card plugged into there for the output to work. This is the first motherboard I have seen with no built in output source other than the graphics card slots and this pciex1_1. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Solution
Try moving the graphics card to the lower PCI-Ex16 expansion slot and rebooting.
If possible, try using a different graphics card in the top PCI-Ex16 slot and rebooting.

-Wolf sends
Jan 25, 2019
The motherboard board is a gigabyte 970a-ds3p

CPU is a AMD fx8350

Graphics card is a msi geforce gt710.

The motherboard and CPU were recommendations from Amazon.

Wolfshadw

Titan
Ouch.

Ok. Is the graphics card install in the PCI-Ex16 slot closest to the CPU socket?
Are you sure you have all the necessary power connections from the power supply to the motherboard (24-pin ATX main power connector / 4-pin ATX 12V power connector)?
Are you certain the RAM is seated properly (Retention clips fully locked in place)?
Are you certain the case's front panel wires are connected properly?

-Wolf sends

Jan 25, 2019

Jan 25, 2019
Literally just gone through all the wiring again with the instruction manual, the tower wires have a idiots guide on them which is useful. Can hear the PC booting up and running but it's not giving a display to the monitor, I have tried 2 different monitors and the graphics card was fresh out of the box this morning

Jan 25, 2019
Thanks for the answers, I've just ordered another graphics card on Amazon and a pciex1_1 for the slot to see if that will rectify the issue. I had a problem with my previous PC I put the graphics car in and plugged the wiring into it for the monitor and the monitor would go blank I rectified that by putting the wiring back into the motherboard output and installed the drivers for the graphics card and it worked a treat, so fingers crossed I get it sorted or it's the drive to currys/ PC world to see if they can sort it for me.

Thanks for you're speedy replys, it's really appreciated and I will drop you a message once the new stuff arrives.