Do I need a soundcard?

Solution
Don't use the front panel connector for audio that is a terrible idea. The cable that runs from the front to the connector on the motherboard is exposed to a lot more noise than in the back, the back panel will have much better quality and less of a chance to have noise.

hysteria357

Honorable
Oct 24, 2013
It looks to be pretty good onboard audio. It should handle your headphones just fine. I would advise against getting a sound card anyway. If you want to get more out of your headphones a couple years down the line, get an external DAC/amp like the Fiio E10k or the Audioengine D1

lfkfkfkffs

Admirable
Their on board audio is pretty good, but if you want a really good audio solution I would get a sound card that runs off usb. With on board and sound cards that are installed in the system they work like receives and they pick up noise from every little electronic component in the system, like fans the power supply coil whine, static noise from other components. So if you really want good audio get a USB sound card and move it away from everything else.

hysteria357

Honorable
Oct 24, 2013
it will be the same. The front panel audio connectors plug right into your motherboard, which is linked to the onboard audio. There might be slightly more/less electrical noise depending on hundreds of other factors, but its the same quality.

lfkfkfkffs

Admirable
Don't use the front panel connector for audio that is a terrible idea. The cable that runs from the front to the connector on the motherboard is exposed to a lot more noise than in the back, the back panel will have much better quality and less of a chance to have noise.

Solution