Do i need avr if i have a bad qualiy psu?

Oct 26, 2018
I have an i3 6100 3.7ghz 6th gen
Supercool intext 750watts
Gt 730 gddr5
Msi h110m pro vh plus
8gb ram
I plan to upgrade my Gpu to Gtx 1050 ti but i'm afraid my psu won't be able to handle it since it's a low quality one so if i have avr will everything be alright?

Solution
The solution for a low-quality power supply is never an AVR, it's a better-quality power supply.

Do you have a picture of the label on the power supply? Because even some of the nastiest junk power supplies out there, you can usually find them somewhere on the web, but I'm not "Supercool Intext" anywhere. While theoretically, some garbage 750W PSUs may be perfectly find 300W PSUs, there's not even enough info to verify this.

Honestly, I'd just replace the nasty thing under any circumstances.
I don't think so, even when you have the perfect voltage input into your power supply, it's not able to give you good 12v/5v/3.3v dc under load.
I can't find much on this model

however, your system doesn't draw much power even with a 1050ti, I think a 500w+ bronze power supply from naming brands like seasonic/evga/corsair would be well overall for around $30 usd.

bennie101

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2007
Power supply needed for GTX 1050 Ti
Your i5-7400 has a max TDP rating of 65W and your GTX 1050Ti doesn't require an additional 6–8pin power supply, as it takes all the required power through the PCIe X16 slot. GTX 1050Ti will draw a maximum power of 75W only and it NVIDIA recommend a minimum PSU of 300W..

Looks like the 1050TI really doesnt need more then 75 watts of power so its not that demanding of a card when you can run it with a oem power supply at 300 watts.

yea... but too iffy, at least OEM psu go through somewhat testing.

I'm concerned about the claimed *750w* psu. and I can't find the model online.
:/

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
The solution for a low-quality power supply is never an AVR, it's a better-quality power supply.

Do you have a picture of the label on the power supply? Because even some of the nastiest junk power supplies out there, you can usually find them somewhere on the web, but I'm not "Supercool Intext" anywhere. While theoretically, some garbage 750W PSUs may be perfectly find 300W PSUs, there's not even enough info to verify this.

Honestly, I'd just replace the nasty thing under any circumstances.

Solution