Do I need Intel Rapid Storage Technology?

Solution
If you have an actual RAID setup the Management software that boot up just tells you if the RAID is Ok, If there are warnings, Or failures. BUT if you don't have any RAID then there is no point of having the software startup with the PC. This has nothing to do with the SSD. If you have Two SSD's in a RAID 0 or 1 i would say leave it but you don't. So just click on Start, type in MSCONFIG in the search box, then go to the Startup Tab and then uncheck the Intel Stuff. and then ok and restart.
If you have an actual RAID setup the Management software that boot up just tells you if the RAID is Ok, If there are warnings, Or failures. BUT if you don't have any RAID then there is no point of having the software startup with the PC. This has nothing to do with the SSD. If you have Two SSD's in a RAID 0 or 1 i would say leave it but you don't. So just click on Start, type in MSCONFIG in the search box, then go to the Startup Tab and then uncheck the Intel Stuff. and then ok and restart.

Solution

sedona

Honorable
Jan 13, 2014
Can I disable Intel Rapid Storage from Windows 7 services? I already disabled the IAStorIcon.exe from launching at Windows startup, but there is a running service IAStorDataMgrSvc.exe in memory. I understand that for single HDD, it is used for AHCI but Windows 7 already provided that for SATA devices right?

PhoebeAnn

Honorable
Dec 7, 2013
Even without a RAID array, and with Intel Rapid Storage turned OFF on the ASUS Z97 motherboard, whenever I logged in as a standard user, I'd get an Intel Rapid Storage popup message telling me I had a storage error, and to open the Intel app for details. But a standard user can't open the app. So I logged on as Administrator and opened the app -- which told me everything was OK. I disabled the service, and THAT problem was solved. It looks nearly impossible to get help from Intel.