[SOLVED] Do I need to change battery?

akshayvinchu

Prominent
Jan 31, 2020
Hi
I am using acer aspire e5 573g notebook. It has i3 5th gen processor and 2gb NVidia Geforce 920m graphic processor. I brought this laptop in 2016. I have facing an issue with it since 4-5 months. "Whenever I am connected power adapter while playing games laptop keep charging and discharging, that is it switches to battery even though it is connected with adapter." So I search for solution I found that may be my power adapter is not providing enough power to run load on laptop like games. So I change power adapter and it worked for 10-15 days. Again it come square 1. After that I brought another adapter because I forgot current one at home while I was travelling. So it also work great for 1 and half month again it happens. This time I realise that it happens only when laptop reaches 100%. Which means as it reaches 100 battery starts discharging fast. But before that it happens any time. So, should I change battery or not?

Solution
Hi
I am using acer aspire e5 573g notebook. It has i3 5th gen processor and 2gb NVidia Geforce 920m graphic processor. I brought this laptop in 2016. I have facing an issue with it since 4-5 months. "Whenever I am connected power adapter while playing games laptop keep charging and discharging, that is it switches to battery even though it is connected with adapter." So I search for solution I found that may be my power adapter is not providing enough power to run load on laptop like games. So I change power adapter and it worked for 10-15 days. Again it come square 1. After that I brought another adapter because I forgot current one at home while I was travelling. So it also work great for 1 and half month again it...

USAFRet

Titan
Hi
I am using acer aspire e5 573g notebook. It has i3 5th gen processor and 2gb NVidia Geforce 920m graphic processor. I brought this laptop in 2016. I have facing an issue with it since 4-5 months. "Whenever I am connected power adapter while playing games laptop keep charging and discharging, that is it switches to battery even though it is connected with adapter." So I search for solution I found that may be my power adapter is not providing enough power to run load on laptop like games. So I change power adapter and it worked for 10-15 days. Again it come square 1. After that I brought another adapter because I forgot current one at home while I was travelling. So it also work great for 1 and half month again it happens. This time I realise that it happens only when laptop reaches 100%. Which means as it reaches 100 battery starts discharging fast. But before that it happens any time. So, should I change battery or not?
4 year old laptop...yes, you should consider a new battery.

Solution