[SOLVED] Do I need to do anything before installing new hardware?

ProPlayerGR

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2016
Hello everyone. Tomorrow I'll replace my fx 9370 with a ryzen 5 2600 and I was wondering if I should do something with that pc before booting from the new pc with a flash drive, formating drives, installing windows etc. The only thing I'll bring over the new pc is my gpu which is the gtx 1070. Do I need to do something? Thanks in advance.

Solution
Wait what's strange with 99% usage? That's how it's supposed to be. But to answer your question, it's 1080p
Must be different games than I play. More graphically demanding. My GTX 1070 (w/R5-1600X) that I used to have never hit full usage. Or at least rarely. No problem, I was just surprised.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Nothing is "needed". Win10 will find all the necessary drivers for you. But I like to get the gfx card latest driver because Win won't have the latest. It'll be late, but not the latest.
The website's LAN driver may also be newer than the one Win installs, as would the audio driver and the above mentioned USB3 driver.
Listing which board you intend to buy, might help if there are any "special" drivers needed. But generally, Win10 does a great job of having you ready to go.

ProPlayerGR

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2016
Nothing is "needed". Win10 will find all the necessary drivers for you. But I like to get the gfx card latest driver because Win won't have the latest. It'll be late, but not the latest.
The website's LAN driver may also be newer than the one Win installs, as would the audio driver and the above mentioned USB3 driver.
Listing which board you intend to buy, might help if there are any "special" drivers needed. But generally, Win10 does a great job of having you ready to go.
Oh sorry I forgot to mention my board. It's the msi b450 tomahawk

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Oh sorry I forgot to mention my board. It's the msi b450 tomahawk
Yeah, nothing special listed in their driver list. You'll want the Chipset, LAN, and Audio after installation just to have the latest. But all those drivers will be installed by Win10; just maybe not the latest.

The PIDE/SATA isn't needed unless you plan on a RAID setup. When it comes to the Utilities, you can pick and choose if you want any of those. None are required.

ProPlayerGR

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2016
Yeah, nothing special listed in their driver list. You'll want the Chipset, LAN, and Audio after installation just to have the latest. But all those drivers will be installed by Win10; just maybe not the latest.

The PIDE/SATA isn't needed unless you plan on a RAID setup. When it comes to the Utilities, you can pick and choose if you want any of those. None are required.
I put together the pc, I used the cd that comes with the mobo to download the drivers and the utilities. I tested some games and finally my gtx 1070 is running at 99%! Thanks everyone for the help, have a good one!