Question Do I need to format the partition?

May 14, 2024
From old Windows 95 to Windows XP it was possible to format the partition with slow formatting in the installer, and from the installer of Windows VIsta and newer Windows it was only possible to format the partition quickly. When I install Windows 7 or Windows 10, I first prepare a partition in the Windows installer so that the installer creates a hidden system partition and then I always use Hiren's BootCD PE or some Windows Live tool to create the partition on which Windows is to be installed (the installer does not have the free formatting option). ) had a thoroughly formatted partition. Unless I had Windows already installed on my computer and I wanted to install another Windows on a different partition, then I would format the partition using a slow format from Windows. For financial reasons, I use HDD disks. Is slow formatting before installing Windows necessary or unnecessary? I am also slowly formatting the partitions that are to be used only for storing data. The same if I had a new or used USB drive. Same with pen drives. But I only perform slow formatting from external media once. I always do 1 quick format and 1 slow format first. If Windows had to be reinstalled from scratch on the same partition and it had to be formatted, I would also slowly format this partition every time such a situation occurred. When I found some pendrives or computers with a disk inside in the trash, I turned on the computer out of curiosity to check what was there, but there was nothing interesting there and then in Windows Live I always zeroed the disk with various tools and reset the BIOS settings to factory defaults and updated the BIOS to the latest version to make sure that if there were any viruses there, they would not spread further and I created a partition from scratch and installed Windows and downloaded drivers for such a computer from the Internet. Is such a thing necessary or was I just doing unnecessary work? Unless someone lent me a computer for a while, it wouldn't be worth it for me to do anything. Just like when I find an old phone or an old smartphone thrown away in the trash, I reset its settings to factory settings. If Windows or the Smartphone was infected with a virus, would resetting it to factory settings clear the virus, or would it be necessary to reset the disk in the computer or format the system partition itself, and whether the ROM would need to be re-uploaded to the Smartphone? I always upload the ROM, but mainly for updating purposes or to remove branding (this is something where when I turn on the phone there is a logo of some operator and after uploading the universal ROM there is no such logo).
Do SSD or NVME drives wear out faster due to slow formatting? Do SSD or NVME drives differ in technology or are NVME drives more advanced SSD drives? Are Linux Live partitioning tools, for example Parted Magic or GParted LiveCD, suitable for creating partitions under Windows? Is the FAT32, ExFat32 or NTFS partition created the same partition that would be created by a Windows program under Windows? Is FAT32 or ExFat32 or NTFS available in both Linux and Windows versions, and do Windows file systems have version numbers, such as Linux EXT4? When I create a file called a.txt and another file called A.txt in Linux, for example on a Windows partition, Linux sees such files as 2 different files due to the letter case, but for Windows it doesn't matter how Windows would read such files. . Would it be possible to create 2 such files on a Windows file system from Linux or only on Linux file systems? I think that Linux creates partitions even those with Windows file systems according to their logarithms and that's why I always use Windows tools to prepare partitions for Windows, unless I just zero the disk, it doesn't matter.

Slow formatting went out of fashion around the same time as Windows XP. Its simply not done any more. All you need to do is ensure that your disk has a GPT partition table header and its easiest if all of the space is unallocated. The Windows installer will create all of the necessary partitions.