[SOLVED] Do I need to incrementally update my mobo's BIOS?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2720853
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2720853

I realize updating the BIOS is not necessary if everything is working, but if I were to say, be required to update the BIOS (CPU upgrade), would I need to flash every version after the one my motherboard has, or can I just flash the latest version? My motherboard will be a GIGABYTE Z390 Aorus Pro. Does it support Q-Flash?

Solution
I realize updating the BIOS is not necessary if everything is working, but if I were to say, be required to update the BIOS (CPU upgrade), would I need to flash every version after the one my motherboard has, or can I just flash the latest version? My motherboard will be a GIGABYTE Z390 Aorus Pro. Does it support Q-Flash?
You need to read the notes associated with each version. It also depends on which version you are starting with. Some current versions have REQUIRED minimum previous versions.

kanewolf

Titan
You need to read the notes associated with each version. It also depends on which version you are starting with. Some current versions have REQUIRED minimum previous versions.

Reactions: drea.drechsler
Solution
May 4, 2020
As far as I know, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro does support Q-Flash. Moving on to the BIOS upgrade, I personally do not prefer this upgrade as it might have adverse implications in the future.

Since you are planning on upgrading your CPU, you can certainly upgrade the BIOS and you can directly flash in the latest version and there is no reason to do otherwise. You should have no problem in that. Firmware overwriting occurs completely and not in patches, so a direct flash upgrade should do the job.