Question Do I need to install monitor drivers?

May 5, 2024
Are only the graphics card drivers responsible for displaying the image, or is it also recommended to look for monitor drivers? In practice, all I need to do is install the graphics card drivers and all monitor resolutions and refresh rates (Hz) are available. The monitor driver is usually a file with the extension inf. I use a Hewlett-Packard LA2205 HWP2847 monitor. Is there any difference with and without the installed driver with the inf extension for the monitor?
If I connect the monitor to the computer with a VGA cable but I have other types of connectors available on the monitor and graphics card, does this mean that I am wasting the potential of the monitor and does this make the image look worse?
There is often an option to force higher resolutions, for example 1920x1080, which the monitor does not support. Does this damage the monitor?
Is it possible to force a higher refresh rate on the monitor than 60Hz? Does 60 Hz on a monitor mean a limit to 60 FPS display in games?
I have some unwanted CRT monitors. Can these monitors be sold for or if I wanted to get rid of them and just give them to someone for free? Is it true that 30-year-old games display better on CRT monitors than on LCD or LED monitors?
There are a lot of articles on Google that old CRT monitors are now worth a lot because they are no longer produced and that they contain some valuable metals, is this true?

Feb 2, 2024
Never once needed to do anything like this and I have had dozens of monitors over VGA, HDMI, DVI-I, DVI_DL, DP etc. Despite Dell giving me a CD, it didn't fix their awful backlighting. Despite the new 30" coming with a CD, it didn't do anything to fix the awful artifacting.