Do I need to make any upgrades to my PC?

Solution
I think your best investment would be a small SSD (120-256gb range) to put your OS and other important programs on. That would probably be the best cost-performance purchase to make. This is a good choice: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820301260.

It's really a huge difference, especially if you're playing games with large maps such as dragon age inquisition. You're looking at less than half the load time. Your computer will just seem must faster in general.

PedramCarter

Honorable
Dec 8, 2013

SSD's are so overrated and too expensive what if I told you that I'm not in rush in terms of loading? also if I overclocked my CPU and GPU do you think it might reduce its life expan? and wear it out?

Remixex

Reputable
Mar 18, 2014
I said the same too, 2 years from...now i'm kinda sick of it, but it's a matter of choice, if you overclock with aftermarket cooler it shouldn't reduce lifespan, if you overclock at stock coolers, yes it will

PedramCarter

Honorable
Dec 8, 2013

Maybe one day SSD'S will be cheap as HDD? lol and cool any cheap ones you recommend? I heard you can get the 8350 from 4GHZ all the way up to 8GHZ with no problem but I'm thinking will my 650W PSU handle it? I mean I'm already technically using roughly about 600wats.
Also you're sick of what? SSD'S?

Remixex

Reputable
Mar 18, 2014
8 GHZ?! HOLY CRAP! idk where you heard that but if that's even possible...no i won't even consider the possibility of it xd, and yes a 600W one will do it, and i'm sick of loading times :D
And no sorry i have no knowledge of good coolers, but search around this same forum many people ask for them

GameEtiquette

Reputable
Dec 11, 2014
I think your best investment would be a small SSD (120-256gb range) to put your OS and other important programs on. That would probably be the best cost-performance purchase to make. This is a good choice: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820301260.

It's really a huge difference, especially if you're playing games with large maps such as dragon age inquisition. You're looking at less than half the load time. Your computer will just seem must faster in general.

Solution