[SOLVED] Do I need to step up the Intel UHD 600 integrated graphics?

Jay_34

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2016
Hi:

Thank you for stopping by.

I got this Bee-link Mini PC (with Intel UHD 600 graphics), with ACER 4k monitor. I recently downloaded the latest graphics drivers. I added an external Lite-on EB1 4k/UHD blu-ray player.

Beelink GKmini (bee-link.com)
Nitro VG280K - Tech Specs | Monitors | Acer United Kingdom
EB1 (liteonodd.com)

With the free, Leawo 4k blu-ray software. I am able to play regular/1080p blu-ray discs. Leawo states on their website that the aforementioned software is having issues playing 2160p/4k blu-ray discs.

Incidentally, my Lite-On unit came with PowerDVD14. I had to upgrade the software to PowerDVD20, which could not play regular blu-ray or 4k blu-ray discs/4kbdr. When I put in a 4k bdr, it said that my graphics card wasn't sufficient. Maybe their software isn't up to par?

I plan on returning the Bee-link because of the graphics card, and the support seems non-existent (i.e. I contacted them 2X about getting my Windows 10 Pro license key to reload the O/S).

I'm looking at this Lenovo unit, it has an Intel UHD 630. The spec of this unit seems aligned with requirements of the 4k EB-1 Lite-On player.

Lenovo ThinkCentre M910q Mini Desktop PC - Intel Core i5-6500T QC 2.50GHz, UHD Graphics 630, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD, 2x DP, WiFi, Win 10 Pro, 1 Year Warranty, Garde A Refurbished - 203-LEM910Qi5G6DTREF at TigerDirect.com

Do you think it will work?

regards.

Solution
Hi:

I got this Bee-link Mini PC (with Intel UHD 600 graphics), with ACER 4k monitor. I recently downloaded the latest graphics drivers. I added an external Lite-on EB1 4k/UHD blu-ray player.

EB1 (liteonodd.com)

With the free, Leawo 4k blu-ray software. I am able to play regular/1080p blu-ray discs. Leawo states on their website that the aforementioned software is having issues playing 2160p/4k blu-ray discs.

Incidentally, my Lite-On unit came with PowerDVD14. I had to upgrade the software to PowerDVD20, which could not play regular...
Hi:

EB1 (liteonodd.com)

Incidentally, my Lite-On unit came with PowerDVD14. I had to upgrade the software to PowerDVD20, which could not play regular blu-ray or 4k blu-ray discs/4kbdr. When I put in a 4k bdr, it said that my graphics card wasn't sufficient. Maybe their software isn't up to par?

I plan on returning the Bee-link because of the graphics card, and the support seems non-existent (i.e. I contacted them 2X about getting my Windows 10 Pro license key to reload the O/S).

I'm looking at this Lenovo unit, it has an Intel UHD 630. The spec of this unit seems aligned with requirements of the 4k EB-1 Lite-On player.

Lenovo ThinkCentre M910q Mini Desktop PC - Intel Core i5-6500T QC 2.50GHz, UHD Graphics 630, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD, 2x DP, WiFi, Win 10 Pro, 1 Year Warranty, Garde A Refurbished - 203-LEM910Qi5G6DTREF at TigerDirect.com

Do you think it will work?

regards.

There are two types of graphics: integrated, and discreet. A discreet GPU is a graphics card that is a separate component from your CPU. Integrated graphics are integrated with the CPU; it's a CPU with some die space set aside for processing graphical tasks.

Intel UHD 600/630 graphics are both examples of integrated graphics. They are designed to cheaply perform simple graphical tasks without the expense or size associated with a separate GPU. Neither are particularly powerful, but the Intel UHD 630 is significantly more powerful than the Intel UHD 600. I don't know for sure, but since it is significantly more powerful than the Intel 600, it'll hopefully work

Reactions: Jay_34
Solution

Jay_34

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2016
There are two types of graphics: integrated, and discreet. A discreet GPU is a graphics card that is a separate component from your CPU. Integrated graphics are integrated with the CPU; it's a CPU with some die space set aside for processing graphical tasks.

Intel UHD 600/630 graphics are both examples of integrated graphics. They are designed to cheaply perform simple graphical tasks without the expense or size associated with a separate GPU. Neither are particularly powerful, but the Intel UHD 630 is significantly more powerful than the Intel UHD 600. I don't know for sure, but since it is significantly more powerful than the Intel 600, it'll hopefully work

Thanks.

uak7zx.png

TommyTwoTone66

Prominent
BANNED
Apr 24, 2021
It will “work” at 4K, for sure. Whether or not it can play video smoothly at 60FPS at that resolution remains to be seen.

if the CPU in your Bee-Link is a low powered one like a Celeron or Pentium then probably not.

TommyTwoTone66

Prominent
BANNED
Apr 24, 2021
With the original Beelink, did you ever actually try playing 4k video?
it looks like its a strange CPU in there, the Intel J4125. Quite possible that particular CPU is incompatible with the bundled Lite-On software.

However before splashing out on a whole new PC it might be worth trying other free software such as Media Player Classic or VLC, they might play 4K Blu-Rays just fine.

USAFRet

Titan
it looks like its a strange CPU in there, the Intel J4125. Quite possible that particular CPU is incompatible with the bundled Lite-On software.

However before splashing out on a whole new PC it might be worth trying other free software such as Media Player Classic or VLC, they might play 4K Blu-Rays just fine.
Exactly.
"This one application says 'It won't work', so therefore I need a whole new system"

Without ever actually trying it.

Jay_34

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2016
Displayport? What's the heck is that? It looks almost like an HDMI, but it's a little different (see top left). Oh well, I need one of these cables so I can't plug in until tomorrow. Thanks to all who opined It is appreciated.

61DU3shXjLL._AC_SL1000_.jpg