Do i need to turn on FXAA in Nvidia control panel too?

Greyfalcon

Honorable
May 10, 2015
I was playing shadow of mordor at 900p and I am noticing a lot of jagged edges. My monitor is only 19" and I have also turned on FXAA inside the game. So I don't think I should be seeing jagged edges.
I checked the nvidia control panel and it shows the following settings-
Antialiasing- FXAA = Off
Antialiasing- Gamma correction = On
Antialiasing- mode = Application controlled.

SO my question is- If the antialiasing mode is set to "application control" then will it override the fxaa setting too according to the in game settings? Is it normal to see jagged edges at 900p with fxaa or is it happening because it is "off" in the control panel?

Solution
The nvidia control panel FXAA will override the in game FXAA, it shouldn't matter which you choose they should do the same thing. I would just use the in game FXAA and leave nvdia control panel FXAA off. FXAA certainly is not going to get rid of all aliasing, especially with a 900p monitor. Does shadow of mordor have more options for AA? MSAA would be nice if you have the GPU horsepower.

SweetFX could also help if you get a sweetfx profile that uses SMAA.

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
The nvidia control panel FXAA will override the in game FXAA, it shouldn't matter which you choose they should do the same thing. I would just use the in game FXAA and leave nvdia control panel FXAA off. FXAA certainly is not going to get rid of all aliasing, especially with a 900p monitor. Does shadow of mordor have more options for AA? MSAA would be nice if you have the GPU horsepower.

SweetFX could also help if you get a sweetfx profile that uses SMAA.

Solution